126.96.36.199 is a local website that is provided by Netgear, that helps people to setup their new Netgear wifi range extender device using the android device. There are a lot of other things that you can do such as firmware update and reset your Netgear wifi range extender device.
Netgear range extender setup Using 188.8.131.52
- The first thing you will ever need to do is to take your netgear wifi range extender out of the box.
- Now Attach the antenna to your netgear range extender device.
- Plug Your netgear range extender into the electric Socket.
- Take Your android phone and open your favorite web browser.
- Enter the URL 184.108.40.206.
- A netgear genie smart wizard appears in front of you.
- Click on the new range extender setup.
- Now Create your netgear account by filling all the necessary details.
- There are two options: first you can setup as a range extender and second you can setup as an access point.
- We are going to setup as an range extender device.
- Now you will get a list of all the available networks.
- Choose the network that you wish to extend.
- Set the new extender name for the network extended.
Note:- There are three options to choose the new password, the first is that you can set the password to none and the other is you can use the same password as that of the router, at last is you can choose a completely new password for your netgear_Ext Network.
- Once you choose the password, click continue.
- The Setting will be applied and it might take a few minutes, so be patient.
- Now your extender has been successfully setup.
- Move the range extender to the preferred location.
You are all set, now you can enjoy the extended Network
Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup As an Access Point Using 220.127.116.11
Netgear wifi range extender can be setup as an access point and to setup netgear extender as an access point using the Android Device.
- Open your favorite web browser on your favorite web browser.
- Enter 18.104.22.168 in the URL.
- Click on the New Netgear Range Extender Setup
- Now you will need to create an account in order to setup as an access point
- Click Continue, Once You are done.
- Now you will see two options, first is to set up as an range extender and other is as an access point
- Click on the access point
- Choose the new username and password for the extender network.
- Click save and it will take a few minutes to get the device setup.
Now you can successfully Setup your range extender, connect your devices and enjoy the seamless network.
Problem Faced During Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup Using 22.214.171.124
- Unable to access the 126.96.36.199.
- The web page keeps asking for the default username and password.
- Unable to find the server.
- Unable to setup as an access point using an android device.
- Mywifext not working.
- Unable to connect to the internet.
- Login page shows, Extender not Connected.
- Forget the login credentials for the 188.8.131.52.
Troubleshoot Tips For 184.108.40.206 Setup
- Try resetting your web browser.
- Incase resetting does not fulfil the objective, try choosing any other browser like chrome.
- Make Sure you are not a VPN, Please Choose Static IP Address.
- Cross check whether the web address you entered is correct.
220.127.116.11 Login Setup
- Open Your Mobile Phone Web Browser
- Go to web browser and enter 18.104.22.168
- Try using a different Extention such as mywifiext.net, Mywifiext.local or mywifiext.com
- Enter the login credentials
Note:- In Case If you had Forget your default login credentials for the Netgear Range Extender, Try resetting your extender or try default login credentials
You have been successfully logged into the netgear genie smart wizard Where you can do a lot of things such as firmware update, reset and monitor and much more.
Troubleshoot tips in case Unable to login into 22.214.171.124
There can be a chase that after trying many times, you still try to access the website and face various errors such as 192.168.1.250 took too long to respond and many others.
- Try to use different passwords for the extender login or you can even try clearing the cache or the browser.
- Make sure you are not using any kind of VPN
- Try Using an static IP Address for the login into the netgear setup wizard.
- If none work, try resetting your web browser.
Firmware update Using 126.96.36.199 online
Updating firmware on your Netgear range extender is much easier than you think of all you need to do is even using your mobile device through Netgear support using the Netgear genie wizard. There are various benefits of updating firmware and sometimes it’s become necessary in times and when the device is not functioning properly.
- Go to 188.8.131.52 from your favorite web browser on your android mobile device.
- A login screen appears in front of you.
- Fill in the necessary login credentials and click enter
- You will be inside the Netgear genie smart wizard.
- Now Click on the Menu on the Netgear genie smart wizard and got to the firmware option
- Click on the firmware option.
- There are two ways first you need to download the firmware you wish to install and update Manually.
- The second is the wizard will automatically detect the latest firmware version.
- Click on the update and the update will begin.
- Once the extender firmware is successfully updated.
Your extender firmware is successfully updated using your mobile device. Now the extender will restart itself and this might take a few minutes so, be patient.
Caution:- In case if the firmware update is interrupted in between, it can lead to many issues, such as malfunction, so ensure that the process is successfully completed.
Still Unable to Get Your Issues Resolved?
There are many customers who are still unable to setup their netgear range extender or update firmware successfully or setup the device.
They ran into the issue, such as not being able to access the login page, setup wizard which is the first step toward setting up your range extender device successfully.
We are a team of the netgear experts who have helped several people in setting up their netgear range extender device successfully and resolve various other issues, If you are also facing any issue with your device, get in touch with our team, so that you can sit back and relax.
Also, Check Out Our Other Setup Guides:-
Netgear EX6100 AC750 Range Extender Manual Guide
Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup using Mywifiext Local Through IOS
Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender EX6120 AC1200 Setup Guide
Netgear AC1750 Wifi Mesh Extender Setup
Netgear Wn3500rp Setup
FAQ Related to 184.108.40.206
Can I Setup My Netgear Wifi Range Extender Using 220.127.116.11?
Yes, You can Setup your Netgear range extender device using the 18.104.22.168 easily.
How Can I Update Firmware of Netgear extender using Android?
One Can Easily Do that through the following Steps given Below:-
- Go to the 22.214.171.124
- Login into the portal
- Follow the steps explained in Article and you are done.
What to do If unable to access 126.96.36.199?
Incase, if you are facing an error with accessing the default IP for android devices which is 188.8.131.52 then you can use the other extensions such as mywifiext.net or mywifiext.local.
Can I Setup the Netgear extender as an access point using 184.108.40.206?
Yes, you can set up a Netgear extender as an access point using the 92.168.250 website.