Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 setup or we can say netgear ac1900 extender setup is much easier than you think of which can be done through WPS, Mywifiext and even Nighthawk Application and as well as an access point we will discus in detail in this article so read till end and you will never need the netgear ac1900 extender manual Again for the setup process, not to mention it is one of the best and top-rated range extenders by Netgear.
It has the high power amplifiers that offer the 700nm of wireless power, which is powerful enough to penetrate any walls and up to 10,000 square feet of the area.
Also, supports Netgear’s Beamforming technology that provides the best wifi speed and also minimizes the data loss at the same time.
AC1900 also supports the dual-band support and also the first in the Netgear Nighthawk list to have dual-core processors and is the perfect fit for anyone looking to extend their range and fight those wifi dead zones which deliver the performance with up to 1900 Mbps of speed.
Highlights About Netgear AC1900 Range extender
- This Netgear Range Extender Comes with the Dual Band Frequency Support
- Netgear AC1900 Has 5 Ethernet Ports that keeps you connected.
- The Extender also Have 1 USB 3.0 Port Support
- The extender also Support WPS Mode
- Extender AC1900 Can Also Be Used as an Access Point
- Powerful enough to extend the range up to 10000 Square meters throughout the house in 360 Degree.
Ways to Netgear AC1900 Extender Setup
Today Every company is trying to provide the best user experience to their users as much as they can and Netgear is not behind in the game, they have tried their level best to make the netgear ac1900 extender setup simpler and easy for users.
Netgear provides a seamless experience and easy to setup interface that helps you to connect your extender with the router.
There are two ways through which you can setup your range extender. First is manually through the mywifiext Website using the Netgear genie smart wizard and another is using the WPS Method.
Note:- If you are not a tech-savvy person, I recommend you going with WPS Setup, and if you face any error get in touch with mywifiext help experts.
Netgear Nighthawk EX7000/AC1900 Setup Using WPS
Setting up your AC1900 Netgear range extender is really easy and you can do it on your own without the help of anyone else, all you need is to follow this step by step guide.
Note:- In order to setup your EX7000 range extender using the WPS Method you need your router to be WPS Compatible and In Case if your router does not support WPS try the manual method.
- The first thing that you need to do is attach the antennas to the extenders, turn them clockwise in order to tighten them and make sure that the antennas are properly tightened.
- Second thing Plug your Extender into the power source and power on your Netgear Range Extender
- The third step is to turn your router on and make sure that it has a working internet connection
- The fourth step is to press the WPS Button on both extender and the Router
- Note:- Wait till the LED Light turns Solid Green.
- If you want to add another 5Ghz band then all you need to do is repeat the step 3 process.
- Choose the perfect location where you want to place your range extender.
- Final Step is to connect your wifi devices to the netgear_ext network and enjoy the extended Internet
Congrats, You had successfully setup your AC1900 Netgear Range Extender
Manual Method to Setup Netgear Nighthawk AC1900/EX700 Extender
Another Way to netgear ex7000 setup is by using the manual method through mywifiext.net website. mywifiext is the private website only available to Netgear customers. Let’s Dive into the steps that you need to follow in order to setup your range extender.
- Attach the antennas to the extender and tighten them by rotating them anticlockwise.
- Turn On your range extender and wait till it’s completely booted up.
- Make sure that the extender is connected to a reliable power source.
- Connect your extender using an Ethernet cable or the Wi-Fi connection with your devices such as a laptop or mobile.
- Open your web browser, make sure you have multiple browsers ready.
- Open URL mywifiext.net if you are on a windows device and mywifiext.local if on the mac or IOS Device.
- Now click on the new extender setup.
- Create a new account and follow all steps that come your way and connect your device to your router network.
- Choose the location where you want to setup your range extender.
- Finally, Now you can connect your devices with the extender network and enjoy the network.
Hope you have successfully setup your range extender, but many users face some problems while setting up their extender, do you face the same, here are some most common given below. In case you are looking to get best out of your extender read our guide things to keep in mind before buying extender.
Problem Faced During Netgear AC1900 Range Extender Setup
Here is a list of the most common problems faced by our users given below:-
- Unable to connect with mywifiext
- Connected to the internet but the internet Not working.
- Slow Internet Connection.
- LED Light continues to blink.
- Unable to connect to the Netgear_ext Network
- The site shows the Error message “You are not connected to your extender’s WiFi network.”
Common Ways to troubleshoot Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 setup Issues.
- Here are some common troubleshooting tips that can help you get out of it
- Keep Many Web Browsers Ready.
- Try Visiting mywifiext.local if you are using apple device or 22.214.171.124 on Android.
- Connect your range extender with the device using an ethernet cable.
- Make Sure that the placement of the extender is in the right place.
- Try to use a static IP Address and disable if there is any VPN Active.
- Reset your Web Browser
EX7000 setup Can also Be Done using The Netgear Nighthawk Application
Netgear ex7000 setup can be done using the netgear nighthawk application through following this easy steps.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk Application from the Play Store or The App Store.
- Open the Application and Click on the connect to range extender and give necessary permissions.
- If your device is unable to connect automatically, you will need to connect manualy
- To connect manually, you will need to go to setting and then Wifi and choose the extender network
- Come back to Applicaiton and Click on the icon on the upper left corner of the screen.
- Now click on the extender setup and then choose new extender setup
- Now Follow all the Instructions that comes your way and you will be able to successfully setup your ex7000/AC1900 Model with ease for more info on netgear range extender setup read our full guide on it.
We hope that this helped you and in case if you still face any error contact our mywifiext experts.